| Job ID
|| T T
| 2018 -1101
|| Camp Director
|| Northern VA and/or Maryland
Why We’re Here:
Believe that you can and you're halfway there. American Inline continually assembles a remarkable team with the mission to develop and inspire the personal best in children, young adults and one other. Together, we operate eleven different summer camps. These camps are exclusively on wheels, powered by the knowledge that all campers come to us with unique gifts and high potential. From pre-school to high school, Summer Camp on Wheels unlocks the potential by engaging participants with age appropriate content.
What We Do:
American Inline is a leading provider of summer camps in the Washington DC area. Our business was built on a foundation of safety, satisfied customers and an equally satisfied staff. Our camps are week long day camps, exclusively on wheels for children 3 to 13. Summer Camp on Wheels is the parent brand for the following camps – Learn to Ride a Bike, Bike Riding Camp, Nature Biking Camp, Mountain Bike Camp, Skateboard Camp, Xtreme Camp, and Wheel Action Camp. Summer Camp on Wheels is operated in conjunction with recreation agencies and private schools. Together, Summer Camp on Wheels hosted more than 1,500 camper participants in 2017.
Working from a variety of camp locations, the Camp Director is a key contributor to the American Inline mission. Camp Directors ensure they inspire boys and girls to explore their passions while building their confidence on wheels. The vibrant camp environment supports the ability to learn fast, feel safe and have fun. Camp directors are the ultimate role models. They bring American Inline Summer Camps to life by using their passion for working with children to inspire their staff of American Inline Summer Camps Instructors and Counselors to reach their full potential. Our Camp Directors are dedicated professionals who lead with integrity. When they provide assessment, their comments are honest, respectful, and constructive towards one another. Most importantly, our Camp Directors are great managers who aspire to create an incredibly fun and supportive camp environment for both campers and staff.
Reporting to the President of the Company, the Camp Director at American Inline is responsible for the safety, enjoyment, and development of every participant. The Camp Director is a master of American Inline Summer Camps sports programs. They facilitate the implementation of the Camp curriculum with attention to detail and an emphasis on consistent and positive instruction. The Camp Director is also a thoughtful, empathetic, and approachable manager. Who, nevertheless, holds their staff to the same high standards to which they hold themselves. Finally, the Camp Director is an experienced customer service agent who finds innovative ways to provide American Inline Summer Camp families with personalized feedback on their campers.
- Submit all required paperwork on time.
- Attend camp director leadership training on June 6 and 7, 2018.
- Attend and help facilitate camp staff training on Saturday, June 9, 2018.
- Participate in all required webinars and online trainings.
- Master the program curriculum and other materials, offering feedback and adjustments that will improve the program.
- Train instructors, counselors, and counselor apprentices on curriculum, protocols and schedule.
- Manage Camp staff, ensuring they are prepared and motivated to execute the American Inline curriculum, schedules, policies, and safety protocols with energy, integrity, and passion.
- Oversee and implement daily curriculum and schedules for the Summer Camp program.
- Build strong connections with staff and campers. Take personal responsibility for the well-being, enjoyment, and development of all program participants.
- Serve as a role model for campers and staff. Demonstrate positive attitudes, respectful communication, appropriate attire and grooming, and diligent work ethic.
- Coach staff on how to execute drills, activities and games, as well as various behavior management techniques. Teach and re-teach throughout the summer by hosting frequent morning staff training meetings.
- Work as part of a team to foster a safe, fun, and supportive camp environment. Ground this upon American Inline Summer Camps’ mission and values.
- Implement American Inline Summer Camps’ traditions, games, policies, procedures, and safety protocols.
- Maintain enthusiasm and focus throughout busy days. During which you will supervise and participate in every aspect of programming including, but not limited to, recreational and instructional activities, projects, and programs, as well as lunchtime.
- Evaluate each team member’s performance and provide written and verbal feedback.
- Lead large group meetings on a daily basis.
- Communicate respectfully, clearly, and kindly with all members of the American Inline Summer Camp community. This includes fellow camp leadership, direct reports and other team members, campers, and campers' families.
- Prepare, organize, and set up/take down all programming areas.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Take responsibility for campers’ belongings throughout camp day, holding items for safekeeping when necessary.
- Meet and enforce American Inline Summer Camps dress code and appearance requirements.
- Keep an inventory of supplies for your program and alert American Inline HQ when items are needed.
- Call or meet with parents as requested by American Inline HQ in order to provide customer connection and relay important information on camper experience.
- Participate in and help facilitate all required in-season team meetings.
- Report any issue, question, or concern regarding the campers promptly. Notify appropriate leadership immediately of any evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical conditions, individuals appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances around campers, or any other potentially dangerous conditions or situation.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in working with campers, campers’ families, fellow team members, leadership, and facility partners while upholding the American Inline Summer Camps core values at all times.
- Adhere to state law, American Inline Summer Camps policies and procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned by American Inline leadership team and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
- At least 21 years of age.
- An associate’s degree or equivalent educational experience.
- Experience as an athlete or team manager at the high school level or greater.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience coaching or working with children.
- Minimum 1 year experience supervising and developing direct reports.
- CPR/First Aid certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification before May 31, 2018.
- Preferred: Completion or pursuit of a degree in a sports- or education-related field
- Be available to work the following weeks:
- June 18 - 22 and June 25 - 29
- Plus plus at least one of the following weeks:
- August 13 - 17, August 20 - 24, August 28 - 31.
- Plus at least five addition weeks for a total of at least eight weeks.
- Attend camp director training on Wednesday and Thursday, June 6 and June 7 from 10am to 4pm.
- Attend camp staff training on Saturday, June 9 from 9am to 5pm.
- Finish certification of first aid and CPR prior to May 31, 2017
- A belief in American Inline’s values and culture. Believe that you can make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- A highly motivated self starter who autonomous and dependable.
- A team player with an ability to prioritize and multi-task, working on several projects at once. This can sometimes be under pressure and with deadlines. Maintain a professional demeanor.
- A vocal, energetic and enthusiastic leader with the charisma, passion and polish to service as an ambassador of American Inline.
- A doer focused on finishing the job every day.
- A coachable teammate who is hungry for professional development and able to improve from performance feedback.
- A capacity to maintain a positive attitude in every circumstance.
- A problem solver who assumes responsibility beyond what is asked and take initiative for positive change.