|2019 -1002||Intern, Camp Director||Northern VA and Maryland|
Why We’re Here:
If you can dream it, you can do it. First you direct a summer camp, then you rule the world. American Inline continually cultivates a remarkable team whose mission is to develop and inspire the personal best in children, young adults and each other. Together, we operate summer camps, exclusively on wheels, powered by the knowledge that all campers come to us with unique gifts and high potential. From pre-school to high school, Summer Camp on Wheels unlock the potential by engaging participants with age appropriate content.
What We Do:
American Inline is a leading provider of summer camps in the Washington DC area. Our camps are one week, day camps, exclusively on wheels for children 5 to 12. Summer Camp on Wheels is the parent brand for the following camps – Learn to Ride a Bike, Bike Riding Camp, Nature Bike Camp. Summer Camp on Wheels are operated in conjunction with recreation agencies and private schools. Together, Summer Camp on Wheels hosted more that 1200 campers in 2018.
Working from a variety of camp locations in Northern Virginia, the Camp Director Intern rotates through servearl postions including:
3-4 weeks at an instructor - in charge of a group of camp particiapants, providing instruction throughout the day.
2 weeks as an assitant camp director - in charge of administration, camp forms, serves as central piont of contact for parents and delivering a high-touch customer service experience, assists the camp director in protecting the children from injury.
1-2 weeks as a camp director - in charge of operations for an entire camp site location, overseeing camp staff, programming, logistics and the safety of all participant and protects the children from injury.
Most important, our Camp Directors Interns are great aspire to create an incredibly fun and supportive camp environment for both their campers and their staff. Finally, the Camp Director Intern is a customer experience agent who finds innovative ways to provide American Inline Summer Camp families with personalized feedback on their campers. The successful candidate will possess excellent attention to detail and communication skills while serving as a brand ambassador for American Inline across multiple platforms and camp experiences.
Submit all paperwork on time.
Attend Intern leadership training on June 6, 2019.
Attend and help facilitate camp staff training on June 8, 2019.
Participate in one additional training session the week of June 10th - 15th.
Review and Master the American Inline summer camp on wheels curriculum.
Assist in training instructors, counselors, junior counselors and counselor apprentices' on curriculum and protocols.
• Perform morning camp sign in and afternoon check out in accordance with American Inline proceedures and protocols.
• Manage all camp paperwork, create enrollment rosters, AM and PM care rosters.
• Create and assemble camp binders, organize, alphabetize and tab camp forms for easy access by staff and customers.
• Field parent questions and requests by telephone and in person, providing a professional, high-touch service while resolving all customer questions and issues.
• Communicate with on-site camp leadership to resolve inquires and issues.
• Educate customers on the programs, policies and procedures of American Inline Summer camps.
• Complete weekly check list & reports of day to day operations.
• Assist in the management and support of on site camp staff team and (CIT)’s in the counselor in training program.
• Assist the on-site camp director in management of staff time sheets and ensure that accurate records are kept.
• Keep an inventory of supplies for your program and alert American Inline HQ when items are needed.
• Assist in replenishment of supplies for participants, t-shirts, first aid supplies, and various other camp supplies needed.
• Assist in the management and distribution of camp participant t-shirts & stickers.
• Assist in the cleanliness of camp assembly area including check in table, assembly area surface, chairs and sanitation.
• Work in all weather conditions.
• Meet and enforce American Inline Summer Camps dress code and appearance requirements.
• From time to time, report to American Inline Headquarters for additional meetings, administrative training and customer service support.
• Complete additional tasks as requested by the leadership of American Inline.
• Work towards the ability to function as a camp director when needed.
• Successful completion of freshman year at an accredited undergraduate institution.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skill, including a comfort level with interacting on the phone.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word & Excel.
• A proven ability to build and maintain relationships.
• Ability to multitask/take on multiple ventures at once, demonstrating the prioritization and ownership to ensure they’re all completed effectively.
• Close attention to detail and feeling ownership of both the process and outcome of work product.
• Preferred: Pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, recreation management, education, communication, public relations or other related field.
• Preferred: Service and/or Retail experience.
• Internship begins June 6 with Intern Training
• Camp Staff Training on Saturday, June 8.
• Must be able and willing to work for from 8am to 4pm Monday – Friday.
• Must be available until August 17,
• Occasion but rare weekend work required.
• At least 19 years of age.
• An associate’s degree or equivalent educational experience preferred.
• Bike riding experience is a big plus. Having your own bike and ability to get it to camp is a real big plus.
• Experience as an athlete or team manager at the high school level or greater.
• CPR/First Aid certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification before May 30, 2019.
• Successful completion of freshman year at an accredited undergraduate institution
Greg Keim. Owner and President
Our company was founded in 1993 and has been growing ever since. It began with Greg Keim in Fairfax, Virginia. Greg established an inline skating school with the highest standard of service and reliability. He was always on time and provided a comfortable learning environment. Greg didn't just teach in-line skating. He educated his students and improved the quality of their lives. The business grew mainly through word of mouth as more satisfied students shared their stories. Soon recreation agencies in Northern Virginia and Maryland contacted Greg to conduct classes and camps at their recreation centers. Public and private schools also wanted his programs for after school enrichment. Today, American Inline has a family of 26 clients in 10 counties. They host over 100 camps every summer with a camp staff of over 50 trained, certified instructors.
Click here to view our 2016 summer camp schedule.