Click to add text...
|2019 -1003||Camp Operations Assistant||Fairfax, VA|
Why We’re Here:
Believe that you can and you're halfway there. American Inline continually assembles a remarkable team with the mission to develop and inspire the personal best in children, young adults and each other. Together, we operate eleven different summer camps. These camps are exclusively on wheels, powered by the knowledge that all campers come to us with unique gifts and high potential. From pre-school to high school, Summer Camp on Wheels unlocks the potential by engaging participants with age appropriate content.
What We Do:
American Inline is a leading provider of summer camps in the Washington DC area. Our camps are week long day camps, exclusively on wheels for children 5 to 12. Summer Camp on Wheels is the parent brand for the following camps – Learn to Ride a Bike, Bike Riding Camp, Nature Biking Camp. Summer Camp on Wheels is operated in conjunction with recreation agencies and private schools. Together, Summer Camp on Wheels hosted more that 1,200 campers in 2018.
Working primarily from American Inline headquarters office in Fairfax, VA., the Camp Operations Assistant serves as a central point of contact. They assist customers via phone and email by responding to enrollment inquires, addressing and resolving parent questions, requests and needs and deliver a high-touch customer service experience for both current and future camp families. The Operations Assistant will be responsible for preparation for the camp season, special projects , assisiting with staff training, parent welcome e-mail letters, administration of waiver/release forms, replenishment of camp supplies including participant t-shirts and first aid. The Operations Assistant will also assist in on-boarding, scheduling, and communication with camp staff and payroll processing. The ideal candidate exercises daily attentiveness and communication skills. They will be able to serve as a brand ambassador for American Inline across multiple platforms and through camp experiences.
• Submit all required paperwork on time.
• Be available to begin work on or around May 7 and ends approiximately August 16.
• Attend leadership training on June 4 and 6, 2019.
• Attend and help facilitate camp staff training on Saturday, June 8.
• Attend and assist with small group training on June 11, 12, 13 and 15.
• Assist in training instructors, counselors, and counselor apprentices on curriculum, protocols and schedule.
• Participate in all required webinars and online trainings.
• Master the website, summer camp spreadsheet, forms and other materials. Offer feedback and adjustments that will improve the program.
• Respond to customer inquiries by email and telephone.
• Keep a spreadsheet of all inquiries, needs and resolutions.
• Travel to various camp locations in company vehicle to replenish camp supplies.
• Master Camp safety procedure manual and daily check lists.
• Observe and evaluate camp operations, safety procedures and generate a report.
• Support camp directors and staff by responding to questions and needs.
• Assist in the organization and cleanliness of camp supply storage area including storage closets, supply bins and cargo trailers.
• Meet and enforce American Inline Summer Camps dress code and appearance requirements.
• Complete additional tasks as requested by the leadership of American Inline.
• Work in all weather conditions.
• Work towards the ability to function as an assistant camp director when and if needed.
• Fill in as assistant camp director when and if needed. Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, on boarding, and training of summer camp staff.
Greg Keim. Owner and President
Our company was founded in 1993 and has been growing ever since. It began with Greg Keim in Fairfax, Virginia. Greg established an inline skating school with the highest standard of service and reliability. He was always on time and provided a comfortable learning environment. Greg didn't just teach in-line skating. He educated his students and improved the quality of their lives. The business grew mainly through word of mouth as more satisfied students shared their stories. Soon recreation agencies in Northern Virginia and Maryland contacted Greg to conduct classes and camps at their recreation centers. Public and private schools also wanted his programs for after school enrichment. Today, American Inline has a family of 26 clients in 10 counties. They host over 100 camps every summer with a camp staff of over 50 trained, certified instructors.
Click here to view our 2016 summer camp schedule.